Thursday, September 1, 2016

My Lady JaneMy Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well this is the best book I have read this year I love the way its narrated. The narration was so unlike anything i have ever read. This is a retelling of the history of Jane Grey the famous queen who had a rein of only nine days until the infamous Bloody Mary claimed the throne for her self. Only to find Jane quite literately missing her head. This book re-imagines what the history books say and adds a interesting twist by adding some magical elements to the tale. This book is told in three different perspectives, and takes you on a journey through growing up, trusting your gut and doing what is right. Although this is written by three separate Authors it is written beautifully and seamlessly. I am looking forward to more from these wonderful authors. I would recommend this book to everyone!! In my opinion its a must read.

Quotes from The book:
And for England. We’re really sorry for what we’re about to do to your history.”
― Cynthia Hand, My Lady Jane

“Who on earth could feel comfortable enough to sleep in a room with no books? Edward”
― Cynthia Hand, My Lady Jane

“Armies aren't very good about carrying libraries with them. I can't imagine why. We'd fight so much less if everyone would juste sit down and read”
― Cynthia Hand, My Lady Jane



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment